Functional Capacity Evaluations
What is a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)?
An FCE is a comprehensive series of functional tests that objectively measure a client’s safe physical abilities. We provide avalid, unbiased, defensible and objective evaluation of an individual’s safe functional abilities and endurance for toleratingthe work day. Restrictions can be suggested if requested. This service is only administered by FCE certified professionals.
When should an FCE be used?
An FCE can occur anytime; however, some of the more common uses are:
- At end of a sub-acute phase
- To establish baseline for work conditioning
- To assist with return to work decisions
- At case closure
- For disability (non-work related)
* If an impairment rating is requested, it can be provided using the 4th, 5th or 6th editions of theAMA Guides®To The Evaluation Of Permanent Impairment.